We don't find them to be quite as dependable as a menstrual care device as our cups but since you can not safely wear MeLuna cups during sex, the sponges are a great alternative for those times as they are safe to wear during sex.
Please note the sponges are NOT a contraceptive.
This listing is for a pack of 2 medium sized Classic sponges
From the Jade and Pearl website:
Sea Pearls are completely natural sea sponges that come from the ocean. Here at Jade & Pearl, a great deal of care is given to every single sponge we send out. Each Sea Pearl is washed, inspected, trimmed, and packaged by our expert sponge squad. The detailed care that goes into each sponge ensures that we continue providing the same high quality sea sponges that we have offered to the women of the world for the past 40 years.
Sea Pearls are:
- soft, & durable
- a naturally renewable resource
- sustainably harvested
- free of chemicals, bleach, chlorine, fragrance, dyes or synthetic materials
- reusable for up to 3-6 months or more
Sponges can be delicate so great care should be taken when cleaning and using them. If cared for properly, sponges can last up to 3-6 months or more.
1. Use a natural chemical-free soap or soak for 5-10 minutes in a cup of warm water with one of the following:
- 2-3 drops tea tree oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking soda (helps restore volume and density)
- 1 tsp hydrogen peroxide (helps eliminate discoloration)
2. Rinse sponge and squeeze out excess water
Do not boil your sponge! Boiling shrinks and toughens sea sponges. Do not use harsh soaps or chemicals! Do not soak your sponges longer than the recommended time as it could cause the sponge to deteriorate faster.
how often should sponges be cleaned?
Sea Pearls can be rinsed and reused multiple times and do not need to be sanitized after each use. We recommend that you clean your sponge:
- Prior to use for the first time
- Once daily or every other day
- If the sponge develops an unpleasant odor
- Prior to storing